Dear Parents, Staff and Students,
More information has been obtained regarding our current situation and our goal is to continue timely communication.
1. As of Friday, March 20, 991 breakfasts and 991 lunches have been served to Aurora R-VIII students. Please remember meals will be passed Monday through Friday with two different pickup times being available. These times are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Robinson Elementary Entry.
2. Resources, including iPads, will be available for students in kindergarten through 8th grade tomorrow, Monday, March 23 (materials, but not devices, will be available for preschool students). These grade level resources will be review activities of previously taught skills and concepts. The resource packets are optional and are not requirements. Students in kindergarten through 8th grade will also be able to checkout iPads at this time. Students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) will also have personalized packets available. We ask that you call the building office staff to let them know if you are picking up an individualized packet when you come. Curb-side pickup (allowing for social distancing practices-gloved individual handing packets through the vehicle window) will be in the front loop of each building from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. We ask that you call each building as you arrive in the parking lot and a school employee will bring the resource packet and iPad to your vehicle. If you are unavailable to arrive during these times, please contact school personnel to make an appointment for pick up at a later date.
Pate ECC 417-678-1552
Robinson Elementary 417-678-7436
Robinson Intermediate 417-678-5651
Aurora Junior High 417-678-3630
Aurora High School 417-678-3355
Central Office 417-678-3373
After Monday, March 23, packets will be picked up at the Central Office.
3. These packets have been developed to cover the weeks of March 23 through March 27 and March 30 through April 3. Additional materials will be compiled if a school closure extension is required.
4. The Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has informed districts that they will not have to make up 2019-2020 school days lost due to COVID-19. Student health and well-being are foremost on the minds of the Aurora R-VIII Board of Education, personnel and DESE staff. As of now, the district is closed through Friday, April 3. This may be extended based on guidance from DESE, the Lawrence County Health Department and the Governor's office. We will continue to update parents as we learn information regarding this topic. The last day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, May 19.
4. DESE and the Federal Government have waived MAP and EOC testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year. This will bring relief to many students and teachers who worry about showing their best efforts on the annual assessments.
5. Building access will be shut down as long as the school closure is continued. Only essential staff needed to provide meals on a daily basis and office/staff personnel to pass materials on Monday, March 23 will be allowed on campuses.
6. Many teachers have already communicated with parents or completed wellness checks of students. We understand this is an unsettling time and hearing from a teacher brings a sense of normalcy. Additional contacts will be made as the closure continues.
7. Please take care of yourselves, your children and any additional individuals that rely on immediate care from you. Take note of the precautions given and practice these on a daily basis. This situation can only be contained and overcome through good decisions made by the general public. We love our students and want all families to be safe.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact the Central Office at 678-3373. Beginning Tuesday, March 24 all building offices will be closed; however, personnel will be available in the Central Office. In order to reduce contact which could spread the virus, we are asking you to call or email in the event of questions. You may also reach me at 229-0277 (cell) or by email at email@example.com. Please do everything you can to stay safe and healthy.