Dear Parents, Staff and Students,
Thank you again for your patience during our school closure. Additional information is included regarding recent changes.
1. As of Monday (March 23, 2020), 1,652 breakfasts and 1,652 lunches have been served to Aurora R-VIII students. Please remember meals will be passed Monday through Friday with two different pickup times available. These times are 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Robinson Elementary Entry. Students do not have to present to receive meals.
2. Instructional packets, including iPads, were provided to parents/students on Monday, March 23, 2020. Thank you to all who helped during this time. We recorded the following numbers.
Pate Early Childhood Center-258 iPads and 410 instructional packets were distributed.
Robinson Elementary-188 iPads and 188 instructional packets were distributed.
Robinson Intermediate-245 iPads and 245 instructional packets were distributed.
Aurora Junior High-59 iPads and 95 instructional packets were distributed.
Aurora High School-67 instructional packets were distributed.
*Both Junior High and High School required fewer packets due to information being available on Canvas.
Starting today, packets will be available; however, parents must obtain these at Central Office-201 S. Madison. All building offices have been closed at this time. If you dial the building phone number, it will be forwarded to the Central Office phone bank to be answered. If the line is busy, please call back. Information regarding the student will be requested and materials will be compiled. Parents will be given a time when the materials can be picked up at the Central Office. This is typically from 12:00 noon to 3:00 p.m. on the day of the call or the following afternoon.
3. Packets have been developed to cover the weeks of March 23 through March 27 and March 30 through April 3. Additional materials will be compiled if there is an extension of the school closure.
4. There has not been any additional guidance given regarding the length for closure. Parents will be notified immediately if the April 6 return is extended. The last day of school is scheduled for Tuesday, May 19.
4. As reported previously, both DESE and the Federal Government have waived MAP and EOC testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year.
5. Currently, the only people working on campus are Central Office personnel, maintenance, grounds, food service (Sodexo employees) and custodial (OPS employees).
6. Many teachers have already communicated with parents or completed wellness checks of students. Additional contacts will be made as the closure continues.
7. Continue to be positive regarding the containment and passing of COVID-19. We will be back up and running as soon as we are given the go-ahead. Until then, stay healthy and care for those who rely on you. Do this, while following all preventative measures.
If you have additional questions or need assistance, please contact the Central Office at 678-3373. In order to reduce contact that could spread the virus, we are asking you to call or email in the event of questions. You may also reach me at 229-0277 (cell) or by email at email@example.com.