The Aurora R-VIII Board of Education approved a reopening plan on Monday, July 27. Precautions in place are similar to those implemented during the Summer School 2020 session. If you have questions regarding the documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Central Office at 678-3373.
Thank you to parents who participated in the reopening survey. Results indicted 87.70% of parents will be sending their child or children to school for the fall semester. The remaining 12.30% marked they are considering other options. I understand the consideration of what is best for each family.
Students will have the option of seated/in-person instruction or virtual/online participation. The virtual/online option does require the completion of an application and a meeting with district personnel to ensure the program can be completed in the home setting. If parents choose for their child or children to participate virtually, they must make the commitment for at least the first semester. This allows for the assignment of district personnel in order to provide instruction and monitor progress.
Directions regarding online enrollment have been sent to each parent in the district. The enrollment window will be open until Wednesday, August 5, 2020. This enrollment is required every year even if your child was a previous Aurora R-VIII student. By completing the process, all required and needed information will be correct and up-to-date.
We look forward to having your child or children on campus beginning Monday, August 24, 2020. The ability to provide both effective instruction and an inviting, safe environment to learn is our goal. Our mission is to “Ensure that all students are successful learners.” We plan to accomplish this assignment for the 2020-2021 school year.
Link to Reopening Plan
Link to Reopening Protocol