The Aurora R-VIII School District is actively seeking substitute bus drivers for the 2020-2021 school year. Paid training is available. Substitute drivers also have the opportunity to move into full-time positions as they become available. There are many evening and weekend opportunities available for substitutes. Call the Central Office at 678-3373 for additional information.
To be considered for hire as a school bus driver, you must:
● Have a current Class B Missouri Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
● Have a Missouri School Bus Operator’s Permit “S” Endorsement, and Passenger “P”
● Pass a medical physical as set forth by the Department of Transportation
● Have normal use, range and motion of both arms, hands, legs, and feet.
● Vision shall be at least 20/40 in each eye, with correction if necessary.
● Distinguish between the colors of red, green, and yellow.
● Adequate hearing for normal conversation.
● Be at least 21 years of age